The opinion of the court was delivered by: H. YOUNG, Magistrate Judge
The stipulation of the parties in reference to this matter has
been accepted and reviewed by the Court and it is hereby ORDERED,
ADJUDGED AND DECREED that as follows:
1. Jonesboro Health Services, LLC, d/b/a Regional Medical
Center of Northeast Arkansas (hereinafter "Regional Medical
Center") was a party to this matter.
2. Regional Medical Center and Barry Tedder, M.D., are joint
tort feasors as defined by Arkansas law.
3. Regional Medical Center has settled with the plaintiff.
4. Regional Medical Center of Northeast Arkansas took a pro
rata release pursuant to the Uniform Contribution Among Joint
Tort Feasors Act, as enacted in the State of Arkansas. A.C.A. §
16-61-201, et seq.
5. Barry Tedder, M.D. has filed a timely cross-claim against
Regional Medical Center.
6. Barry Tedder, M.D. is entitled to the greater of a monetary
credit against any adverse judgment that would be rendered
against him on behalf of the plaintiff or a reduction based upon
the percentage of fault attributed to Regional Medical Center by
the jury in the trial of this matter. In the event no fault is assessed against Regional Medical Center,
then no credit shall be assessed toward any judgment against
Barry Tedder, M.D.
7. The amount of the settlement will be released to Barry
Tedder, M.D. and his counsel and this Court subject to the terms
of the confidentiality agreement between the parties solely for
the use in this litigation.
8. There shall be no dissemination of the settlement terms to
any third persons for any reasons unless further ordered by the
9. Regional Medical Center does not need to appear in defense
of the cross-claim in this matter because the terms of the
release under Arkansas law prevents a judgment being rendered
against it in this cause.
© 1992-2005 VersusLaw ...