United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas, Pine Bluff Division
November 6, 2014
BRUNSON ROBERTS, ADC #127841 PLAINTIFF
RAY HOBBS, Director, Arkansas Department of Correction, et al. DEFENDANTS
The proposed findings and recommended partial disposition submitted by United States Magistrate Judge J. Thomas Ray have been received, along with the filed objections. After carefully considering these documents and making a de novo review of the record, it is concluded that the proposed findings and recommended partial disposition should be, and hereby are, approved and adopted in their entirety in all respects.
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED THAT:
1. Defendants' motion for partial summary judgment [Doc. No. 22] is granted.
2. All of Roberts's claims against Maroney are dismissed without prejudice.
3. Roberts' s racial discrimination claims against Jackson, Sumner, and Lester are dismissed without prejudice.
4. Roberts may proceed with his: (a) racial discrimination claims against Hobbs, Evans, and May; and (b) retaliation claims against Hobbs, Evans, May, Jackson, Sumner, and Lester.
5. It is certified, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915(a)(3), that an in forma pauperis appeal from this order would not be taken in good faith.