IN RE ARKANSAS SUPREME COURT COMMITTEE ON CRIMINAL PRACTICE
Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Criminal Practice
submitted proposals for changes in rules affecting criminal
practice. We are publishing the following recommendations for
1. Amendment to Rule of Appellate Procedure–Criminal 2
2. Amendment to Rule of Appellate Procedure–Criminal 10
3. Amendment to Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.1
4. Amendment to Rule of Criminal Procedure 8.2
Reporter's Notes explain the changes, and the proposed
changes are set out in "line-in, line-out" fashion
(new material is underlined; deleted material is lined
express our gratitude to the committee members for their work
with respect to the rules. Comments on the suggested rule
changes should be made in writing before July 1, 2016, and
addressed to: Stacey Pectol, Clerk, Supreme Court of
Arkansas, Attn.: Criminal Procedure Rules, Justice Building,
625 Marshall Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72201.
PROPOSED RULES CHANGES
OF APPELLATE PROCEDURE--CRIMINAL Rule 2. Time and method of
Notice of Appeal. Within thirty (30) days from
date of entry of a judgment or uniform sentencing
order, or . . . .
sentencing order" was added to subdivision (a)(1).
10. Automatic appeal and mandatory review in death-sentence