IN RE AMENDMENTS TO ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NUMBER 19
Supreme Court Committee on Automation is recommending
amendments to Administrative Order Number 19 in the following
1. Amend Section II to authorize the Administrative Office of
the Courts (AOC) to promulgate policies and procedures
governing public access to court records through the Contexte
Case Management System.
2. Amend Section 2 to clarify a potential conflict with Ark.
Code Ann. § 25-19-105(a)(1)(B) providing that Ark. Code
Ann. § 25-19-105(a)(1)(B) does not apply to court
3. Amend Section VI to clarify that the bulk and compiled
licenses and data do not include document images.
proposed amendments are being published for comment. The
commentary explains the changes, and the proposed changes are
set out in "line-in, line-out" fashion (new
material is underlined; deleted material is lined through).
on the suggested rule changes should be made in writing
before September 1, 2018, and they should be addressed to:
Stacey Pectol, Clerk, Supreme Court of Arkansas, Attn.:
Administrative Order No. 19, Justice Building, 625 Marshall
Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72201.
Order Number 19. Access to Court Records
II. Who Has Access Under This Order.
persons have access to court records as provided in this
order, except as provided in section II(B)
of this order.
following persons, in accordance with their functions within
the judicial system, may have greater access than the
public to court records:
(1) employees of the court, court agency, or clerk of court;
(2) private or governmental persons or entities who assist a
court in providing court services;
(3) public agencies whose access to court records is defined
by other statutes, rules, ...